The following mission, vision, and values statements are those developed by the library media department for the LS R-7 district. Our department services three high school, three middle school, and nineteen elementary school library media centers in addition to a library media center at Great Beginnings.
We provide access to information, teach information literacy, and promote the enjoyment of reading.
We provide unparalleled service for the entire school community encompassing inquiry-based learning, reading, and both social and ethical maturity. By providing exemplary library media services, the needs of each student are met. Our success is realized as students become fully prepared to meet the challenges of our global society.
- Under the leadership of a certified library media specialist, our services play an essential part of fulfilling the mission of the school district.
- Through active participation in professional and educational organizations, library media specialists are an integral part of the educational community.
- Library media specialists are instructional leaders.
- Library media specialists promote reading as a foundational skill for both inquiry and enjoyment.
- Flexible scheduling maximizes library services.
- Collaboration between the library media specialist and the teaching staff leads to full utilization of library resources and services.
- Library media specialists lead in the implementation of technology and empower students to use this information effectively, efficiently, and ethically.
- All information literate students require access to and knowledge of resources of the global society.
- An inviting and attractive media center creates an optimal learning environment for simultaneous individual and group activities.